We are delighted you are considering Whitworth Hall for your celebrations. This lovely old manor house in its beautiful landscape combines with friendly and professional hospitality to create a wonderful wedding setting. It's quite magical, with its own church, the beautifully restored and planted gardens, a romantic rose arboretum and of course the magnificent deer park, and the ideal location for your photographer to capture those special moments.
There is more than one function suite from which to choose, depending on your numbers, or you can take over the whole hall for your exclusive use. Whatever your choice, you can expect delicious food, freshly cooked and perfectly served. The selection of menus has been created to cater for the varying tastes of you and your guests but we are happy to look at different options if there is something in particular you are looking for.
Whatever you choose, we are here to help through all the fun of planning the most wonderful wedding celebration turning your dreams into reality.
I look forward to answering your questions and discussing your individual requirements
Phone: 01388 811772.
or send a message to David via our Chat box.
Whitworth Hall - A Beautiful Setting All Year Round
- Set in acres of secluded deer park, yet within easy reach of the City of Durham, Whitworth Hall is a beautiful venue for wedding ceremonies, receptions and celebrations whatever the time of year.
- Two main suites: the elegant Duncombe Suite and Conservatory or the Whitworth Suite
- Glorious gardens recently restored with an investment of £1m and the planting of 6,000 tulip bulbs.
- Deer park where your guests can hand feed the deer
- 29 luxury bedrooms and suites
- A personal wedding service throughout from your initial enquiry until the day of departure after your wedding
- A dedicated master of ceremonies to guide you and your guests through the day
- A welcome glass of fizz for the happy couple on arrival
- A red carpet welcome for the wedding party and guests (weather permitting)
- Use of the beautiful gardens, rose arboretum, romantic dene and deer park for your wedding photographs and outside drinks reception (subject to weather - some restrictions may apply)
- White crisp table linen and napkins
- Use of a traditional wedding cake stand and knife (certain restrictions may apply)
- A complimentary overnight stay for the bridal couple in one of our spectacular suites including full English breakfast - offered when both a daytime and evening reception is booked.
- An allocation of five bedrooms will be set aside once the reception is confirmed.
Marry Midweek - Weekday Savings
We offer great value rates for midweek and off peak weddings - please ask for further details.
Can't Wait to Marry - Late Availability Offers
From time to time we receive a cancellation or the odd prime date is not taken up so do please enquire about late availability when we may be able to offer special rates.
Arranging Your Wedding - it's easy...
- Work out your numbers with a provisional guest list
- Decide a choice of dates when you would like to marry
- Make an appointment to visit and discuss your plans. At this appointment as well as looking round we can check out the availability and make a provisional booking for your preferred date.
- Book the registrar. Contact the Superintendent Registrar or your local religious venue.
County Registration Service
Cockton House, 35 Cockton Hill Road,
Bishop Auckland, Co Durham DL14 6HS
Telephone: 03000 260600
Confirm your reservation within 14 days of making the provisional booking with a non refundable deposit of £750 and by returning the signed and completed the wedding contract.
- No less than 8 weeks before your wedding date all final details should be discussed with the wedding team.
- No less than 28 days (4 weeks) before your wedding date final settlement of your pro-forma invoice, based on the final details, should be settled.
Throughout all your planning please feel free to get in touch to discuss any ideas or queries.
Then sit back.... relax... and enjoy your day!